Speed Up Your Web Sites
Unlock and Extend the Native Compression Features in IIS 6.0
HTTP compression speeds up file delivery, reduces bandwidth costs, and reduces server load. ZipEnable extends the built-in "On/Off" compression in IIS 6.0. The native compression is fast, incurs minimal resource penalties, and is included in the purchase of the OS.
However, there are drawbacks to the built-in tools:
- No browser compatibility checking. Without this feature, you risk sending compressed content to a browser incapable of decompression.
- Limited configuration options.
- No graphical interface for most controls.
- Verify browser compatibility in real time.
- Quickly deploy HTTP compression with ZipEnable's configuration wizard.
- Granularly manage compression at the global, site, directory, and file levels – without writing a single line of code or editing the IIS metabase.
Faster page loads make for happy users. Ensure your users are never stuck waiting for a page load.
Advanced HTML and CSS code optimization further improves performance and combats hackers' source sifting.
Reduce Bandwidth Costs
Faster page loads reduced bandwidth costs, and allow servers to can handle more throughput.
Industries We Speed
We provide tools for:
- & More...
Want to test your site's compression? Use our free compression check tool above!
Global Compression Configuration
Modify Compression Schemes by File Type
Using Industry-standard Gzip and Deflate compression schemes, ZipEnable modifies compression schemes by file type. Ability to set level of compression (1-10) for each scheme and access to granular control of acceptable file extensions for compression.
Site level configuration
ZipEnable allows configuration of compression at directory and file levels for individual virtual servers (sites). ZipEnable's tree view makes for easy navigation and configuration.
ZipEnable's powerful Persistent Overrides feature allows you to keep global and site level compression settings in order.
ZipEnable is able to control compression exclusions based on HTTP version, proxy usage, and type of request.
Gzip and Deflate Compression
Within ZipEnable user has ability to set priority of default Gzip and Deflate compression schemes. As well as, adjust other compression settings such as I/0 buffer size and minimum file size to compress limits.
Default settings roll-back option restores IIS 6.0 native compression settings upon ZipEnable uninstallation (roll-back to metabase settings prior to ZipEnable installation).
Browser Compatibility Detection
ZipEnable's Real-time check identifies a user's browser and automatically delivers compressed/uncompressed content accordingly. Configure file type exclusions for any browser type/version to avoid incompatibilities. Includes default exclusions for legacy browsers with known incompatibilities.
CPU Roll-off option
ZipEnable can automatically dial back compression rates for periods of unusually heavy traffic to guarantee that compression does not overwork your CPU. ZipEnable enables the user to configure CPU utilization threshold for compression roll-off.
ZipEnable's configuration wizard makes it easy for fast deployment and makes it simple to apply compression. GUI, tab-based Settings Manager accessible via the Start menu or IIS MMC.
Our command line interface for programmatic control of basic compression settings, makes it ideal for easy IIS 6.0 native compression integration into other applications.
With our ZipEnable tool you are also able to manage cache directory, size, and location.
- A compatible version of IIS and Windows:
- IIS 6 / Server 2003 (all editions) with Service Pack 2
- Compatible hardware:
- x86 (32-bit)
- x64 (64-bit)
The following runtimes are also required but can be installed by the ZipEnable installer if not already present on the target system:
- .Net 2.0 (or higher)
- Visual C++ 2005 SP1
- The current version of ZipEnable does not support scenarios in which IIS application pools are running in 32-bit mode on 64-bit hardware. Please contact Port80 Software Technical Support for additional information.
- IIS 5.0 Isolation (compatibility) Mode on IIS 6.0 / Server 2003 is not supported.
Other Compression Options
- For IIS 7 / 7.5 compression on Windows 2008, use httpZip
- For advanced IIS 6.0 compression on Windows Server 2003, explore an ISAPI solution like httpZip for IIS 6.0