Port80 Software In The News
Port80 Software has been featured in various media. Explore a few recent links and contact us for more information.
- Survey: Microsoft's IIS may catch Apache in Web server market Eric Lai @ InfoWorld.com
- Apache Slips, Study Says Tom Jowitt @ Techworld.com Port80 discusses IIS versus Apache in light of Microsoft's recent gains in the Netcraft surveys and Port80's own Fortune 1000 Web Technology Surveys, now updated with 2007 results...
- Arxceo Launches Ally Channel Program to Provide VARs with Revenue and Business Growth Opportunities in Security Market Press Release @ TMCnet.com Port80 continues Arxceo partnership to bring anti-reconnaissance security to the network via TCP/IP... and here's a funny story related to the subject...
- Tech•Ed 2007 Showcases Growing Adoption of Windows Server 2008 Microsoft Corp. Press Release @ Microsoft.com Port80 demos one of the upcoming ServerDefender Web app firewalls on IIS7...
- Survey: Microsoft IIS 6 Ahead of Apache Darryl K. Taft @ eWEEK
- Survey shows Microsoft leading Apache in Fortune 1000 companies Staff @ Network World Port80's new 2006 Fortune 1000 Web tech surveys show IIS 6 outserving Apache as HTTP compression quadruples...
- GROUP TEST: Intrusion Prevention Systems Peter Stephenson @ SC Magazine A version of Port80's new ServerMask Security Appliances gets a "Best Buy" award in the IPS category.
- Using HTTP Compression Martin Brown @ ServerWatch How-to on HTTP compression for IIS and Apache Web servers covers IIS 6 native compression and ZipEnable.
- Fortune 1000 favor Microsoft platforms but Apache leads the rest of the 'Net Mark Gibbs @ Network World IIS is at home in the enterprise, but LAMP is on the war path... (we're not scared).
- Make Your Host Anonymous TechNet Magazine Scroll way down...
- 6 Reasons to Consider Apache Scott Bekker @ Redmond Magazine "What software does the Fortune 1000 use?"
- How to Disguise Your Web Server and Scripting Language Chris Williams @ PowerASP.com
- Port80 CacheRight caches right Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion "While correctly implemented caching has an immediate benefit in reducing bandwidth use, it also improves the browsing performance as experienced by the end user..."
- Caching control use among Fortune 1000 companies Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion "What I found surprising was that of those sites that were found to use expiration-based cache control only 28.1% of the total home page files included explicit cache control directives..."
- Compressing Web content delivery Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion Our favorite gearhead looks at httpZip 2.0 and ZipEnable -- with a unique focus on when to use ISAPI vs. core Web server compression on IIS 6.0 and Windows Server 2003....
- Port80 Software Releases httpZip 2.0 Pedro Hernandez @ Enterprise IT Planet Port80 makes compression tools affordable for the masses; Fortune 1000 sites start to get it...
- Web acceleration options on the cheap Thomas Powell @ Network World Fusion Network World discusses Port80 origin performance tools in the context of "Web site front-end devices".
- Port80 optimizes code Denise Dubie @ Network World Fusion Network World covers Port80's new code optimization tool for faster and safe Web apps, the w3compiler.
- Port80 offers acceleration education, Part 1 Port80 offers acceleration education, Part 2 Denise Dubie @ Network World Fusion Network World reviews Port80's acceleration strategies for IIS Web sites and applications.
- Measuring the Web Hosting Business Philbert Shih @ The Web Host Industry Review A balanced review of the tech surveys that tell us who runs what -- IIS versus Apache -- including Port80's Fortune 1000 Web Server Survey.
- Survey questions business relevance of Netcraft web server data Sam Varghese @ The Age A very relevant review of what's relevant in Web server surveys from Port80 and Netcraft.
- Increase Web server security via obscurity Michael Mullins @ TechRepublic A quick and dirty overview of server anonymization from ServerMask to PageXchanger -- not your standard security by obscurity...
- Intel Blows Bandwidth Brian Livingston @ Datamation on EarthWeb The bandwidth bill can hurt even the Intel's of the world without HTTP compression and httpZip.
- Speed Up Your Site - Using HTTP Compression! George Petrov @ DMXzone A detailed review of httpZip covering benefits, functionality and real-world savings with Port80's Microsoft IIS compression tool.
- Vendor extols virtues of HTTP compression Denise Dubie @ Network World Fusion Port80's new survey shows Fortune 1000s waste millions annually without HTTP compression.
- Saving every byte Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion Developers can optimize source code for fast delivery and better security with Port80's w3compiler tool.
- Hide the identity of your server from crackers and hackers Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion Don't tell people what they don't need to know -- Network World explores server anonymization benefits and ServerMask.
- IIS Owns the Fortune 1000 Web Server Market Tim Huckaby @ Windows & .NET Magazine Port80's Fortune 1000 Web server survey as seen from the Windows camp.
- Port80 Web Server Survey Puts New Spin on IIS Penetration Amy Newman @ ServerWatch Port80 surveys Fortune 1000 Web servers and ignites new debate on the popular Netcraft Web Server Survey.
- There's life left in IIS Brian Livingston @ InfoWorld Port80 surveys Fortune 1000 Web servers and bolsters the concept of server masking.
- Port80 Software Modules Deliver Apache-Like Functionality for IIS Rawlson King @ The Web Host Industry Review Enterprises and service providers with Microsoft Web servers benefit from Port80's products.
- Caching the Right Way Denise Dubie @ Network World Fusion Port80's CacheRight gives developers control over caching.
- Spelling Test Mark Gibbs @ Network World Fusion Port80's URLSpellCheck solves the problem of mistyped URLs and links
- The HTTP Error 404 Antidote Paul Adams @ Webmonkey "Port80 to the rescue" with CustomError and URLSpellCheck. Click to page three of article.
- Four Cool Web Server Tools Keith Shaw @ Network World Fusion An introduction to Port80's products. Scroll down on page for article.